Saturday, April 23, 2011

That friend of a friend that works on cars!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I recieved a call from a customer asking all kinds of questions about our services. The questions got kinda bizarre and I felt like he was trying to get me to say something that he wanted to hear. Finally he said he was just gonna cut to the chase as to why he is calling. Kinda glad I didnt really have time to play games on the phone. He stated that I pressure tested and surfaced a cylinder head he brought in (95 ford contour 2.0 Dohc) and he is still having a water problem. First thing I always ask is did you use new head bolts and what did you torque them at. He said he used new head bolts and gave me the correct torque specs. So I asked him what exactly is the problem. He stated that with the valve cover off he is filling the radiator and he could see water filling up and running over through the top of the cylinder head. It was filling up through the lifters and pouring over the valve cover rail. Now this dude has my attention and I am trying to figure out how much of a bonehead he is because I pressure tested that head and know It has no cracks. He told me he already took the head off so I told him to bring it in and I will re check it free of charge. About an hour later he brought it in and this dude smoothered the mls gasket in high tack gasket sealer!!!!! I asked him why the heck did he do that and his reply was " i wanted it to seal real good" hahaha are you serious dude. He still didnt understand how the water was getting in the head. So I scraped the surface clean and he said he wasnt gonna use the sealer again. Good job buddy. Way to go. This is why you dont have backyard mechanics or that friend of a friend that works on cars work on your cars people. There is a reason why they are only charging you a hundred bucks to R&R that cylinder head. Perfect example of IT AINT EASY BEING A MORON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment